Dear Families and Friends,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same – our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the additional infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You will see changes when you return to our office(s). We made these changes to help protect the health of our patients, families, doctors and staff.
- Our office will communicate with you all necessary paperwork beforehand including screening questions for Covid-19 and other illnesses. You’ll be asked the same questions again when you arrive at the office.All payments will be arranged prior to arrival either online or over the phone to minimize contact. If paperwork is not completed or payment is not received, no treatment will be provided.
- Upon arrival everyone’s temperature will be taken and hand sanitizer and masks will be available and mandated for entry. One adult/guardian will be allowed to accompany each child.
- Our reception areas will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect. Glass has been installed between waiting rooms and business areas.Each patient will be escorted personally to the treatment room upon arrival.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. We will allow greater time between patients for disinfection and sterilization protocols. Unfortunately, there may be fewer options for scheduling appointments but we will be offering additional hours.
- We had Interstate Restoration Inc. of Livonia, MI sterilize and disinfect the offices. We have installed air purification systems, and ADS extra-oral suction devices to reduce aerosols in all offices. Our staff and doctors wear required personal protective equipment (masks, gloves, shields, etc.) at all times.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the safety of our practice. We are open for emergency care and are planning to resume elective dental procedures and hygiene appointments soon. To make an appointment, please text our offices, email or leave a voicemail and our staff will you.
Golnick Pediatric & Adolescent Dentistry, PC