Making the Teething Process More Comfortable for Your Baby
Teething usually begins when the baby reaches four to seven months of age. However, this may be a bit different as no two babies are same says the pediatric dentist in Bloomfield. It can be a tough phase for the child, and parents may become restless to find out ways to ease the teething process. When you know what to look for and what to do, it can help in making the teething process smooth.
Common Signs of Teething
The teething process can be painful for babies and they may become frustrated and bothered. Some common signs during teething are:
- Swollen gums
- Pulling on the ears
- Rubbing face
- Difficulty in sleeping
- Temperature above normal
- Gnawing at things
Subtle Sings of Teething
There can be subtle signs of teething as well such as:
- Rash on the face
- Blood blisters on the gums
- Swollen lymph nodes
Tips to Relieve the Teething Pain
- Rub your baby’s gums, as gentle massage with clean hands can offer a bit of easy pressure, which soothes the pain of teething says the dentist near Taylor.
- Give them a chilled teething ring. Teethers are soft items and easy for the baby to grasp. Put the rings in refrigerator before giving them to kids.
- Babies don’t like to eat when teething. You can give them chilled food such as apples and cold water.
- You can also try to distract your baby by giving them a new toy or taking them out for a stroll to the park.
- Cuddling the baby can also make them feel comfortable.
How to Handle Drooling with Teething?
You must keep bibs handy when the child is teething and wipe their face as often as you can. Persistent drool on the teeth can lead to rashes.
When to See the Dentist?
- If the child has a fever more than 101 degrees.
- Have rashes on body or face.
- Is coughing or vomiting
You must schedule the first visit to the dentist near Bloomfield before their first birthday, so that they can enjoy good dental health.